Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Reaching out leads to preaching

I went shopping with Dudu, Thembisile, and Jabu, who are all 10 years old, and Mqaltsu, who is 13. We were getting them new school uniforms. When we met the girls they were pretty shy and quiet in the back seat of the car, but by the end of the day they were not feeling shy anymore! One thing that struck me was when the three younger girls chose new backpacks that were plain and black, but that also had wheels. When I showed them the colorful, girlie ones they said they would rather have the others because they have a lot of books, and their bags wear out easily.
Later I felt how heavy their backpacks were and it was so true! I really enjoyed talking with Mqaltsu and getting to know her a little. She was very quiet, and it was fun trying to make her laugh. We nicknamed her Miss Serious, and that made her smile. I told all the girls about Sunday school at Aphiwe Center, and Mqaltsu was really interested. She said that it is really boring sitting around her house on Sunday morning. She gave us her cell number, and then later last night she texted to ask for more information about the activities at the center. I can’t wait to see her again!

Leona Scheepers




Print this post

No comments: