Monday, June 29, 2009

Mariannhill and WOW!

What an exciting couple of weeks, and what an amazing weekend!!!

Brother Kyle Tucker and his family and some close friends have arrived in the Durban area. As expected, there were some minor airport adventures...It's great to have Kyle and the crew in town!!!

As of last week we currently have 3 young men who are seriously studying for baptism, as they have expressed a desire to be in "the One Family" of God! It is amazing the responsiveness to the word of God, once it is presented in a way that makes sense to them I've never witnessed anything quite like it! All three of these men have come into contact through the Durban BEC!

Another Surprise: Yesterday, during our Durban Fraternal meeting, I was asked to come out to Mariannhill meeting this evening. I've been wanting to do this for a couple of weeks as I heard that the Mariannhill youth had taken the initiative and are now meeting every night of the week to have a one hour prayer meeting. I've been "itchin'" to attend to see how this works. Having attended this evening, I can tell you it is a real experience - Eye opening!

I discovered that the Mariannhill music director (Mdu) took the message to give your life as a willing sacrifice seriously and decided to be baptized this afternoon. I had the privilege of talking to him about his commitment and he quite elegantly made the comment that he does nothing spur of the moment. That he wanted to spend the time and effort to make sure that he properly understood what he was committing to before he made the decision to be a fully committed member of our body / family! And he is actively making a difference, with several of his peers!! Well stated and Amen!!

Anyway, Mdu and the others began by singing hymns and praying, then we discussed some favorite bible verses, then sang hymns some more. We discussed some of our favorite hymns, shared some of our goals and prayer requests, then sang another couple of hymns and prayed some more. I was honestly shocked at the command of some of the scriptures that I was witnessing, quite impressive for being as young as they are in the truth. I'm equally impressed with their willingness to take the initiative to commit to a daily evening Bible class. Amazing!!

I see God's hand and His blessings on this small ecclesia! Please join me in praying for this group of young men; to encourage them to boldly proclaim the word of God, to focus on youth development, and to focus on commiting to efforts to develop both the youth and the community in the coming months.

I look forward to being able to continue this update on my next report in a couple of weeks!

God Bless
Bible School Bound,
YBIC,
Cam

Print this post

No comments: