"Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts. I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works. And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness. They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness." Psa 145:3-7
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Our work here in Kempton Park has increased greatly (exponentially) during the last month and have really helped us to
1) crystallize our main areas to focus on in 2010, God willing,
2) increase the potential opportunities for preaching quite substantially.
We are well set for 2010 to do direct preaching as well as preaching through our touch and teach approach. Our focus for next year will be (KC)2! :
1) Kiosk BEC : - Getting as many people introduced and interested in the Bible courses and lead them to the weekday and Saturday Bible classes. Providing Bible study classes to as many students as possible. Providing affordable Bibles, Bible study materials and other useful literature and materials to students and passers by. Creating a "space" where people can have a friendly chat about Bible matters.
2) Community Center in Tembisa. The "APhiwe" (gift) center is scheduled to launch mid February/March, God willing, and will serve as a pre-school and life skill education center. We will also be running a Sunday School there and the venue could serve as an ecclesia hall if our preaching efforts in Tembisa bear fruit.
3) Kinos group. This group of about 20 children have bonded into a very lovely "family" and they are an exhortation of living out the joy of believing in God wherever we take them. They are overwhelmed by the blessing God is showering on them but in return provide inspiration for others by their joyful attitude to life, their spontaneous singing, their good manners and their thankfulness. We are hoping to increase our support for them in their township called "Esselen Park" so that many more of the children there can also join them on Sundays at our Sunday School as well as the other Bible related activities we provide for them during a year.
4) CUDDLE project. The CUDDLE (Crèche Upgrades, Development, Directives, Liaison and Education) project had come into full swing because of a great need that exists in the Tembisa townships. There are literally hundreds of crèches in the township but the teachers that are looking after the children lack training, skills, resources and equipment. It all started small when sister Jessica Russel developed a manual to help teachers keep the children busy constructively each day so that pre-school would prepare the children for school rather than just baby sitting them each day. Sister Leah Egginton developed the manual further into a very comprehensive seminar course that was very successfully given to teachers in Kempton Park and Durban. Sister Leona Scheepers adapted the course and gave a 7 week seminar course to 15 teachers in Tembisa. This was done because of the town council requesting her to do it as part of a training program for all the pre-school teachers in Tembisa. There are currently 346 teachers on the waiting list to do the course in 2010. The department of Education has also contacted Leona and wants her to be the liaison person between the pre-schools that teach Grade R (year before school) and the dept of Education. We have visited 10 of the 15 crèches of the teachers that attended the first creche course seminar and built up personal relationships with all of the teachers. They were overwhelmed by the interest, support and our willingness to come to the township to find them and help them. More exciting is that two of these very lovely teachers (ladies) have expressed a desire to come to our ecclesia and attend our meetings next year. Four of the teachers have also requested that we give Bible classes to the children next year as part of our support. We are very exited to start the Crèche Upgrades while Diligently Developing the Little one's Education :-)
We praise God and Jesus for their help, guidance, answers to parayers, miracles and strength in the past four years with all the hard but rewarding groundwork. It served as good preparation to get us ready for cuddling up to the community and kids in need of support, showing them the love of God and Jesus in action, preaching the Gospel daily through our actions and the Kiosk.
With thankful hearts and abiding love from the 2010 Kempton Park Team
Posted by P2P Earth at 12:07 PM